Ed Key和David Kanaga联合开发的游戏《Proteus》刚刚赢得2012年独立游戏节最佳游戏奖。作为获奖者，《Proteus》赢得了5000欧元的奖金。《Proteus》是一款自由探险类游戏，在游戏中玩家置身于一片美丽的自然环境中向各处进行探索。该游戏的自由度类似于Minecraft， 现在已经有测试版放出，相信这款游戏会得到玩家的好评。
This is more like an experience than a game … Try it…
Proteus is a game about exploration and immersion in a dream-like island world where the soundtrack to your play is created by your surroundings. Presented and controlled like a classic first-person shooter, the primary means of interaction is simply your presence in the world. The procedurally generated islands are home to creatures natural and imagined, tranquil valleys and ruins with magical properties. Think Doom meets Brian Eno.
- Meditative play: the responsive world and lack of any text or hints distils an essence of curious, investigative play, and rewards patience and immersion.
- Dynamic soundtrack composed by award-winning musician David Kanaga follows the mood of the world and will appeal to fans of Boards of Canada, Brian Eno.
- A distinctive 2D-but-3D graphical style with wild shifting palettes that sits somewhere between 8-bit videogames and early 20th century modernist painting.
- Islands are uniquely generated every time, and although it’s theoretically possible to see everything in one playthrough, no-one ever does.
- Built-in “postcard” function encodes world data into each screenshot, allowing islands and discoveries to be saved and shared.
Publisher: Twisted Tree
Developer: Ed Key and David Kanaga
Genre: Adventure, Indie, Casual
Release name: Proteus.v1.2-WaLMaRT