Statistics / Data Analysis in SPSS: Inferential Statistics
WEBRip | MP4/AVC, ~323 kb/s | 1280 x 720| English: AAC, 67.5 kb/s (2 ch), 44.1 KHz | 841 MB
Genre: Business / Data & Analytics | Language: English | +Project Files
Learn how to use SPSS to analyze and interpret t tests, ANOVA, correlation, regression and chi-square statistical tests.
Statistics play a key role in the process of making sound business decisions that will generate higher profits. Without statistics, it's difficult to determine what your target audience wants and needs.
Inferential statistics, in particular, help you understand a population's needs better so that you can provide attractive products and services.
This course is designed for business professionals who want to know how to analyze data. You'll learn how to use IBM SPSS to draw accurate conclusions on your research and make decisions that will benefit your customers and your bottom line.
Use Tests in SPSS to Correctly Analyze Inferential Statistics
- Use the One Sample t Test to Draw Conclusions about a Population
- Understand ANOVA and the Chi Square
- Master Correlation and Regression
- Learn Data Management Techniques
Analyze Research Results Accurately to Make Better Business Decisions
With SPSS, you can analyze data to make the right business decisions for your customer base. And by understanding how to use inferential statistics, you can draw accurate conclusions about a large group of people, based on research conducted on a sample of that population.
This easy-to-follow course, which contains illustrative examples throughout, will show you how to use tests to assess if the results of your research are statistically significant.
You'll be able to determine the appropriate statistical test to use for a particular data set, and you'll know how to understand, calculate, and interpret effect sizes and confidence intervals.
You'll even know how to write the results of statistical analyses in APA format, which you can then adapt to other formats.
Contents and Overview
This course begins with a brief introduction before diving right into the One Sample t Test, Independent Samples t Test, and Dependent Samples t Test. You'll use these tests to analyze differences and similarities between sample groups in a population. This will help you determine if you need to change your business plan for certain markets of consumers.
Next, you'll tackle how to use ANOVA (Analysis of Variance), including Post-hoc Tests and Levene's Equal Variance Test.
These tests will also help you determine what drives consumer decisions and behaviors between different groups.
When ready, you'll master correlation and regression, as well as the chi-square. As with all previous sections, you'll see illustrations of how to analyze a statistical test, and you'll access additional examples for more practice.
Finally, you'll learn about data management in SPSS, including sorting and adding variables.
By the end of this course, you'll be substantially more confident in both IBM SPSS and statistics. You'll know how to use data to come to the right conclusions about your market.
By understanding how to use inferential statistics, you'll be able to identify consumer needs and come up with products and/or services that will address those needs effectively.
What are the requirements?
- Introduction to statistics course (either currently taking or already have completed) is recommended but not absolutely necessary
- Access to IBM SPSS Statistical software (strongly recommended)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 31 lectures and 4.5 hours of content!
- In this course, you will gain proficiency in how to analyze a number of statistical procedures in SPSS.
- You will learn how to interpret the output of a number of different statistical tests
- Learn how to write the results of statistical analyses using APA format
What is the target audience?
- Students seeking help with SPSS, especially how to analyze and interpret the results of statistical analyses
- Professionals desiring to augment their statistical skills
- Anyone seeking to increase their data analytic skills
Lecture 1 Course Preview: One Sample t Test - Example 1 10:51
The one sample t test is covered in this lecture.
The SPSS data files (for the entire course) are available under "downloadable materials" in this lecture.