MySQL database, MySQLi class, Essentials and Much Much More
WEBRip | MP4/AVC, ~412 kb/s | 1920 x 1080 | English: AAC, 61.8 kb/s (2 ch), 44.1 KHz | 960 MB
Genre: Development / Databases | Language: English | +Project Files
MySQL database design, maintenance and operation
A little more than a year ago, MySQL extension finished its historical mission and retired.
For PHP programmers, this means if they still want to use MySQL database, they only have two choices: using MySQLi or using PDO.
This course will teach you everything a back-end developer needs to know about operating MySQL database using MySQLi.
But considering many new students also have either no or a very weak foundation in MySQL database, therefore, this course will first teach you all the fundamental knowledge about MySQL database.
You will learn its structure and principles you should follow when designing and creating your database.
Learning database operations takes time and practice, this course is doing everything it can to make learning MySQL as effortless as possible. All the important and confusing parts have been adequately emphasized so that you can avoid traps new learners often fall into.
What are the requirements?
- You need to have a basic understanding of OOP
- You should know how to call class methods and use class properties
- You should install WAMP or other PHP MySQL development environment
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 51 lectures and 4 hours of content!
- Learn how to design a database and its tables
- Learn data types used by MySQL
- Learn how to properly connect to database, including how to detect and deal with connection failure
- Learn CURD operations using MySQLi class
- Learn Transaction
- Learn prepared statement
- Learn how to create new MySQL users
- Learn how to back up and re-install a database
- Learn how to do Pagination
- Learn how to use UNION and JOIN to retrieve data
What is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to use MySQL database
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to operate MySQL database using MySQLi class