Learn to play Irish fiddle
WEBRip | MP4/AVC, ~2950 kb/s | 1280 x 720 | English: AAC, 59.3 kb/s (2 ch), 48.0 KHz | 8.64 GB
Genre: Music / Instruments | Language: English | +Project Files
Learn 10 of the most well known tunes and start playing in your local celtic music session.
In this course, you'll learn some of the most popular and easy Irish melodies on the violin. These are the most popular Irish tunes that are played in Celtic music sessions all over the world. Hi I'm your instructor, Daniel Boudreau and I've been playing in celtic music sessions for over 10 years. I know how much of a struggle it is to pick the right tunes to learn, where to place embellishments and how to bow the melody. That's why I created this course. I wanted to help beginner violinists and fiddlers get on the fast track to start playing irish fiddle and to eventually become a session fiddler.
The course is structured as follows…
Each new tune is assigned to it's own section. The section contains several lessons. The lessons break down learning the tune into three steps. Here are the steps:
- Overview of the notes in the tune. The tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
- Overview of the bowing
- Overview of the embellishments. This is where you have fun decorating the melody!
This course is a jumpstart to playing Irish fiddle music. Learn the essential tunes to start playing in sessions today! Take a 5-minute free preview of this course. Look for the preview button beside this video. Click on "Take this course" to sign up and start fiddling!
What are the requirements?
- You do not need to know how to read music to go through this course
- You should know how to hold the violin correctly
- You should know how to tune the violin by ear or with a tuner
- If you can play through book 1 of suzuki method, you can do this course. This is not required in order to take this course. You should be able to play a few basic tunes.
- I've you're ready to use your memory to your advantage, you should take this course.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 62 lectures and 5.5 hours of content!
- Play 10 popular Irish fiddle tunes
- Have a good understanding of common bowing and embellishments that are used in Irish fiddle music
- Have a better ear, which helps the student integrate Irish music sessions
- Gain a "feel" of "swing for the music that can't be achieved simply by reading sheet music
- Play reels, jigs, a slip jig and a hornpipe
What is the target audience?
- If you've always dreamed of joining in the Celtic music session at your local pub, this course is a great way to start.
- If you love the sound of Celtic music and want to learn to play it with style, this course is for you
- If you like to learn visually with someone showing you every tune in three stages: notes, bowing and embellishments, then you'll love this course. You won't get overwhelmed by the material!
- You should be ready to dedicate regular practice time in order to succeed with this course. You should practice 10 minutes a day or 15 minutes every other day at a minimum. Anybody has 10 minutes to spare in one day!