English | flv | H264 1280x720 | AAC 1 ch | 5 hrs 30 min | 1.25 GB
Trainer Keith Barker walks you through the concepts, implementation and verification of an MPLS network with an emphasis on the MPLS application of L3VPNs.
- Hands on experience with IGPs such as OSPF, RIP and EIGRP
- Fundamental knowledge of BGP
- CCNA level (or equivalent experience) with Cisco’s IOS is recommended
- GNS3 and a Cisco IOS image (12.x or 15.x) which includes the MPLS feature set
- Live gear, with an IOS image supporting MPLS could be used instead of the GNS3 emulation
- Cisco Service Provider related CCNA, CCNP and CCIE certifications. The same concepts apply to other vendors (and their certifications) that include MPLS such as Juniper and HP.
Related job functions:
- Network Designer
- Network Engineer
- Network Technician
Service providers and large enterprises can use features such as MPLS L3VPNs to tunnel traffic from one site to another, forwarding the traffic over the provider’s core IPv4 network using label switching. This has multiple benefits including flexibility, support for multiple protocols, simplification of the routing tables in the network core and centralized control of the MPLS L3VPNs.