CORE has released the newest version of indie game “Violett” for MacOSX.
Description: …Some games have a story to tell. Others make you think to get through a series of complicated puzzles. Violet Storm doesn’t have any of that. What is does have is pure, intense, unabashedly over-the-top, non-stop action – rendered in fantastic glowing-neon style with fast-paced techno music in the background.
And the most surprisingly satisfying part? The enemies explode into lots and lots of pieces with the sound of shattering glass, which somehow irresistibly draws you in to keep going and going until no more hitpoints are left.
- Insanely fast-paced, action-packed, over-the-top combat
- 25 different enemy and 10 weapon system types!
- Quad-damage, invincibility , mega-laser-bomb powerups (and more!)
- 3 different gameplay modes, including Speed Havoc and Sniper Mode
- Infinite waves of varying and increasingly powerful enemies
- Fantastic futuristic design and graphics
- Fast-paced, energizing background music
- Autosave so you never lose your progress
- Three difficulty levels
- Local and global high scores
What’s New in Version 1.21:
- Speed optimizations and saved game loading time improvements.