PassMark KeyboardTest 3.x | 5 MB
PassMark KeyboardTest™ allows users to quickly check that all the keys on their computer keyboard are functioning correctly, check the keyboard LED's, look at the internal scan codes being generated by the keyboard and measure typing speed.
The down and up stroke of each key is registered and highlighted on a graphical image of a keyboard. Each time a key is pressed a variety of state information is updated in the window and on the keyboard picture.
Possible uses of the software include testing faulty keyboards, batch mode testing of keyboard in a production line environment, a typing tutor aid to practice your typing and examining the internal key codes.
Although desktop keyboards can be quickly and cheaply replaced, this is not the case for laptop computers where the keyboard is integrated into the computer itself. The failure of even a single key on a laptop computer can render the entire machine useless. (Imagine trying to use your laptop when the space bar doesn't work). Other Keyboard test features include:
A comprehensive help file.
• Both the down stroke and the up stroke are highlighted in different colors.
• Measurement of the keyboard repeat and depress times.
• Display of BIOS keyboard code and Windows scan codes.
• Language independent testing by using BIOS scan codes.
• Allows creation of your own custom keyboard layouts.
• Support for up to 100 keyboards.
• Downloadable keyboard layouts (see the layout download page )
• Testing of compound keys, like a ".COM" or ".WWW" key
• Batch mode testing (with the /b command line parameter)
• Logging of keyboard serial numbers, operator ID and pass / fail results to disk (in batch mode).
• Display options for testing row and column short circuits (in batch mode).
• Ability to test for under or over-responsive keys by specifying a number of required keystrokes (in batch mode) .
• Display options for mouse buttons. Both for mice embedded in the keyboard and external mice.
• Support for all connector types, ( PS/2, Wireless & USB keyboards).
• A function to flash the three keyboard LED, Num Lock, Caps lock and Scroll lock.
• Measurement of the delay between key presses.
Home Page - http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm