Medieval Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and the maintenance of architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Players build cities, castles and fortifications; construct mechanical devices and engines; perform landscaping and underground mining.
The game is inspired by real medieval technology and the way people built architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Medieval Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and history and doesn’t use any technologies that were not available in the 5th to 15th centuries.
Medieval Engineers concentrates on construction aspects, but can be played as an action game too. We expect players to avoid engaging in direct man-to-man combat and instead use their creativity and engineering skills to build war machines and fortifications. Medieval Engineers shouldn’t be about troops; it should be about the machinery you build.
Medieval Engineers is the second “engineering” game developed by Keen Software House. The first one is Space Engineers, which sold over 1 million copies in its first year and is still a bestseller.
- Game modes
- Creative – unlimited resources, instant building, invulnerability, levitation
- Multi-player – will be added in a future update
- Barbarians – coming soon…
- First-person & Third-person
- Voxel hand – shape the terrain and its material (right now only creative mode voxel hand is implemented)
- Block types:
- Small: 0.25 meter (25 centimeters)
- Large: 2.5 meters
- Dynamic: can be used to construct carriages and machinery that is supposed to be moved around
- Static: immovable and connected to earth; if a heavy load breaks its structural integrity it cracks and unsupported parts become dynamic
- Building blocks: stone walls (various shapes – from blocky to rounded), wooden walls and flooring, roofs (ceramic, thatched, hay), power source blocks (manual human labor), stored energy blocks (torsion spring), leverages, weights, swings, ropes, wooden beams of various length and shape… More will be added in future!
- Realistic physics – structural integrity, destructible objects (everything: from blocks to terrain), real proportions, volume, mass, storage capacity, integrity
- Steam Workshop – share your creations with the Community
- Modding – world files, 3D models, textures, shaders, API (scripting in-game objects in C#)
- 32-bit & 64-bit – 64-bit version expands the amount of objects and blocks (almost unlimited) and terrain
- World management – generate new worlds, “save as” to multiple copies, auto-save every 5 minutes (can be turned on/off), edit world settings
Genre: Action, Indie, Simulation, Strategy, Early Access
Publisher: Keen Software House
Developer: Keen Software House