从最初的VMware ThinApp到国内的云端，应用程序虚拟化也可以用作制作单文件便携版程序。云端现在是一个平台化的客户端，并不适合制作单文件便携版程序。VMware ThinApp属于收费软件，与VMware ThinApp定位相同的Cameyo是完全免费软件，而Evalaze则是根据功能限制有免费版也有收费版。
Evalaze虚拟化软件共三个版本：Free Edition、Professional Edition和Commercial Edition。简单来说，三者的区别主要是后期编辑和使用数量限制。详细区别可见官方的对比：http://www.evalaze.de/en/Versionsvergleich/
Evalaze Commercial Edition 22.214.171.124 | 27 MB
Software virtualization is a piece of technology that allows the running of applications, without having to install these in the "traditional" way. The applications work in their own virtual environment and do not affect the operating system or other programs.
Amongst other features, this technology allows multiple identical applications to be run in parallel on the same system. This enables you to simultaneously run different versions of a browser on a system, for example. Outdated applications can be used on new and modern operating systems.
A problem with non-virtualized applications is that they are firmly anchored to the system. The installation and configuration of applications is time-consuming. Uninstalling will not delete entries in the registry or file system and thus will put further strain on the system. This can lead to system slow-downs and crashes.
Virtualized applications, however, are flexible. These can be run locally on a PC, on network drives, on terminal servers or on USB sticks. Evalaze also puts an application virtualization assistant at the user's disposal to help with the software. In order to virtualize an application, Evalaze creates a snapshot of the system. Following this, the application of choice is installed and a second snapshot is taken. The installed files and registry entries are now converted into a new .exe file by Evalazs's virtualization engine. This file can now be copied to an appropriate medium and executed.
- Evalaze is cross-platform-compatible with all 32 Bit/64-Bit operating systems like Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as with servers running Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2008.
- 32-Bit/64-Bit Supports applications for 64-Bit Windows systems.
- A software 'assistant' guides the user through the virtualization of applications.
- During the process of creating the virtualized application there is a choice as to whether or not the sandbox will be automatically deleted each time the application is shut down. If so, the virtual application would automatically reset to its original state.
- The start-up screen can be customised to the user's needs and wishes. This is ideal for software developers.
- The virtualized application does not need drivers, clients, or a server environment, as it runs completely independently.
- The system stays clean. A virtualized application is copied. If it is no longer required it can simply be deleted. It will leave no traces.
- Each virtualized application and any other elements will run in the same virtual environment.
- The virtual application runs entirely in user mode. Therefore, no administrator rights are required.
- The application is launched in a sandbox. This completely isolates the application from the operating system and any other applications.
- Business clients can take advantage of a simple licensing model and can now use Evalaze within their own IT environments.
Home Page - http://www.evalaze.de/en/evalaze-oxid/