Allows end users to manage group membership for any groups that they are assigned as the manager of in Active Directory. If you have ever assigned a user as a manager of a security/distribution group in Active Directory, you may have noticed the option "Manager can update membership list" which grants the user permission to add and remove members from this group. The only problem with this is that there is no easy way for the user to actually make these changes, other than through Microsoft Outlook.
So Group Manager was designed to be an easy to use tool for end users to add and remove users/contacts/groups to any groups that they are managers of, for any organisations that do not have (or do not want to use) Microsoft Outlook for this task. It will also be useful for any organisations that are using Outlook but are moving to a hosted Exchange solution, as end users will not be able to make changes to the local domain through Outlook in this scenario.
- No configuration required - automatically detects current user and finds only groups that they are manager of
Allows end users to add new members or remove existing members (users, contacts, computers, or groups) to any of the groups they manage
- Works with groups that are managed by other groups that the user is a member of
- User friendly and simple to use
- Add members from other domains in your forest or from externally trusted domains
- Control via Group Policy - control which types of objects the user can add to groups, whether or not they are allowed to remove existing members, and more
- Export current group members to CSV file
Home Page - http://www.cjwdev.co.uk/index.html