eLearning, IT & Software, IT Certification | Skill level: All level
Learn how to work with the most popular Web Testing Tool - Selenium WebDriver and Jumpstart your QA Career!
Selenium is a free automation testing tool for web applications. It is able to work with different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera and simulate human like behavior. Selenium is able to interact with all the different elements in a webpage. It can click on them, input text, extract text and much more. By covering all the different functionalities on your website with Selenium tests, you will be able to quickly catch new and reappearing old bugs. This will save your team time and money.
Specially for you, I have prepared a website where you can play around and practice your skills.
The website has special elements designed specificly for the course and for you to be able to easily work with them and learn.
In this course we will focus on Graphic User Interface and Functionality Testing and we will learn how to work with the various selectors that Selenium offers us to use like:
- Name selector
- ID Selector
- Class Name selector
- CSS Path selector
- X Path selector
After that we will learn how to work with some special elements like:
- Input text boxes
- Check boxes
- Radio buttons
- Drop down menus
We will also have a few theory lectures in which I will explain:
- When you should use either of these selectors;
- What is a Test Case/Scenario
- How you can use Mindmaps in testing
Then we will start creating our Automation Framework and by the end of the course you will write your tests in Plain English!
What are the requirements?
- Install Visual Studio
- Have basic coding knowledge - Variables, Simple If Statements, Simple For loops
- Basic Knowledge in C# (Not a necessity but it will help you!)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 23 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Work with ID, Name, CSSPath and XPath Selectors
- Work with Input boxes, Check boxes, Radio buttons, Alert boxes and more
- Work with Page Object Model
- Create a Healthy Automation Framework
- Eventually write tests in PLAIN ENGLISH
What is the target audience?
- Manual Testers
- QA Interns
- QA Professionals with no Selenium experience
- Freelancers that want to make bugfree websites