Shank was never released for MacOSX, today SMACKs solved this problem
Shank is a 2D side-scrolling beat ‘em up developed by Klei Entertainment. It features melee and ranged combat. It was announced at Penny Arcade Expo 2009. The game was released on the 24th August 2010 for PlayStation Network, 25th August 2010 for Xbox Live Arcade and was released on the PC on October 26th 2010.
Playing as Shank, players must travel on a 2D plane through each level defeating enemies in their path. Three buttons are respectively used for attacking with knives, a chainsaw and one of various guns, which can each be combined into various combos. Players are also able to leap onto or grapple enemies, as well as throw grenades.
- Violent graphic novel art style – Beautiful and fluid graphic novel art and animation styled by veteran director Jeff Agala.
- Weapon-based combo system - String together endless combos of mayhem and destruction on the fly and pummel your opponents to the ground using an exhaustive arsenal of weapons.
- Gorgeous, fully animated story cinematics – Watch Shanks brutal story unfold through beautiful fully animated cut scenes.
- Brutal Boss Battles – Over 8 different massive and unique bloody boss battles.
- Two-Player Local Co-Op – Murder with a friend. Play in a separate backstory in the two-player co-op mode and face a legion of well-armed enemies in the prequel to the single player experience.
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developper: Klei Entertainment