OSX86 is a collaborative project to run the Apple’s Mac OS X computer operating systems (10.4 and above) on non-Apple personal computers with x86 architecture compatible processors (a.k.a. our PC’s). These systems are simply called OSX86 systems.
- Noob style definition: Install Mac on PC
iATKOS is the code name of OSX86 installer releases of OSX86.Türk team. These installers are used for installing OSX86 systems on personal computers. Simple and all-in-one OSX86 installation for basic and compatible hardware is the aim of iATKOS project.
We have at least 1 stable popular release for each major version of OS X starting from Leopard (10.5).
As all the people participating on OSX86 project, this is our hobby. We do it because we love it and we like to share the results with you, our followers..
Keep in mind that this project is only for testing Mac’s amazing operating systems.
If you enjoy the system, then buy a real Mac.
Hardware Compatibility Information of iATKOS M (Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1):
- 1st, 2nd (SandyBridge), 3rd (IvyBridge) and 4th generation (Haswell) Intel Core i series processors are supported including 2011 socket SandyBridge-E/EN/EP and IvyBridge-E/EN/EP Core i7/Xeon cpus.
Simply, Core2Duo / Core2Quad / 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation Core i3, i5, i7 / Xeon 3xxx, 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx, E3, E5, E7 processors are supported.
- AMD processors are not supported.
- Please read with attention and do not continuously ask questions about your motherboard compatibility.
- Most of UEFI/Non-UEFI Intel chipset motherboards are supported.
Simply, chipsets from 945G to C6xx are supported. Common chips are 945, 965, 975, P35, P43, P45, P55, G31, G41, G43, X58, H61, HM65, HM67, H67, P67, Z68, Z77, X79, Z87 and C6xx. South bridges from ICH5 to newest Intel 8 Series are supported. (ICH5-6-7-8-9-10, 5-6-7-8 Series)
- Besides the main chipset model, a motherboard has many components. Every component itself may or may not be compatible and even may be problematic for Mac OS X. Also, BIOS of the motherboard may be problematic for this OS. Because of these reasons, some motherboards will not be able to run this OS easily, they might need hard efforts in order you to make it work and some of them will never run it. Search google and try it on your computer. If a hardware is compatible with OSX86, then it is compatible with iATKOS, simple as this 😎
- Intel HD Graphics, HD 3000, HD 4000 and HD 5000 are supported, the rest are not.
HD 5000 driver supports HD 4200, HD 4400, HD 4600, HD 5000, HD 5100 and HD 5200.
Not all of the supported Intel Graphics will work easily but most of them will.
- nvidia vga cards from G80 core to the newest Tesla series are supported on 10.9.1. This does not mean that all of them will work of course but most of them will work with iATKOS M.
Simply, nvidia 8xxx / 9xxx / 1xx / 2xx / 3xx / 4xx / 5xx / 6xx / 7xx cards are supported.
- About ATI, Mac OS X 10.9 and Clover bootloader gives us more hope and less pain about ATI support.
Simply, ATI 7xxx/6xxx/5xxx/4xxx chipsets are supported but of course still more pain and less success comparing with nvidia.
iATKOS M has some options for ATI's including device_id injection and framebuffer override packages to make more of the ATI cards work with less pain. Still, many of the users may have to take some additional steps to use their ATI cards after installation.
- Common wired and wireless network devices that are auto-detected by iATKOS M.
There are incompatible/problematic chips but most of them will work OOB with iATKOS M.
- Intel Gigabit and Intel Pro/100
- Realtek RTL8111, 8168, 8101E, 8102E, 8131E, 8169, 8110SC, 8169SC
- Atheros AR8121, 8113, 8114, 8131, 8151, 8161, 8171, 8132, 8152, 8162, 8172
- Broadcom BCM5722, 5752, 5754, 5754M, 5755, 5755M, 5761, 5761e, 57780, 57781, 57785, 5784M, 5787, 5787M, 5906, 5906M, 57788, 5784M
- Marvell 88E8035, 88E8036, 88E8038, 88E8039, 88E8056, 88E8001
Wireless: Some chips (ie. Atheros ar5008, Broadcom BCM4311) are natively supported by OS X. So, this is not the complete wifi support list of OS X.
- Atheros AR9285, 9287, 9227
- Broadcom BCM4312, 4321, 4322, 43224, 43225, 43227, 43228, 4352 (Some of these broadcom chips need rebranding in order to work on OS X.)
- Recommended minimum amount of RAM is 2GB.
- Sound device is auto-detected by iATKOS M and nearly all of the onboard sound devices are supported.
- Recommended minimum amount of disk space for installation is 15GB.
(Software RAID installation is supported and all operations are automated for all of the bootloaders.)
Download Firedrive and 百度云