Gumroad – Daniel Thiger Melting Snow
Use this tutorial as a detailed step by step guide for how to recreate my Melting Snow from scratch.
This tutorial follows a walkthrough format, where I go through how I built each of the components in the graph including:
– Base Shapes
– Shape manipulation
– Snow, Crystals, and Clumps
– Melt Water and Slush
– Setting up Melt Parameters
– Diffuse, Normals, AO, and Roughness.
Intermediate Level, you should be familiar with the basic nodes and workflows in Substance Designer.
– 40+ minutes walkthrough covering the entire graph from start to finish.
– 1080 Resolution
– Non-directional warp node (credit to Evan Liaw and Bradford Smith) and my simple preview node are included