Boson Netsim Network Simulator 10.x | 179.2 MB
The Cisco Network Simulator, Router Simulator & Switch Simulator. The Boson NetSim Network Simulator is an application that simulates Cisco Systems' networking hardware and software and is designed to aid the user in learning the Cisco IOS command structure.
NetSim utilizes Boson's proprietary Network Simulator, Router Simulator® and EROUTER® software technologies, along with the Boson Virtual Packet Technology® engine, to create individual packets. These packets are routed and switched through the simulated network, allowing NetSim to build an appropriate virtual routing table and simulate true networking. Other simulation products on the market do not support this level of functionality.
Boson offers a NetSim CCENT Network Simulator, CCNA Network Simulator and CCNP Network Simulator. Each supports the technologies and skills you will need for the respective certification. Boson NetSim provides more versatility and support than any other network simulation software on the market. NetSim software also includes a comprehensive lab menu that contains lessons and labs covering routing protocols, Cisco devices, switching, topological design and much more.
Advantages of Software-Based Network Simulation
Boson NetSim is a versatile tool and valuable asset, both in a classroom and for corporate use; it also provides a self-paced learning environment.
For many individuals, the availability of Cisco routers and switches is often limited. The cost and fragility of equipment makes rack rentals impractical at this level. Boson NetSim makes it possible to design and configure a network with 42 different router models and 5 different switch models* to choose from without having to pay a lot of money, or worrying about transporting and damaging valuable equipment.
NetSim's router, switch and station simulation components contained within the software are the most advanced in the industry. Within NetSim, simulation of routers, switches and PCs is included in a completely customizable drag-and-drop network-simulation package. Furthermore, Boson NetSim simulates both switching bridge tables and routing protocol tables to allow you to go OUTSIDE of the labs and create your own labs using the Boson Network Designer.
Advanced Features Included With Boson NetSim:
- Supports 42 routers, 8 switches* and 3 other devices
- Simulates network traffic with virtual packet technology
-- Provides two different viewing styles: Telnet modeTelnet Mode or Console modeConsole Mode
- Supports up to 200 devices on one Network TopologyNetwork Topology
- Allows instructors to create and include their own labsLab Compiler and offer grading for them
- Allows you to create NetSim simulated networks with the Boson Network DesignerNetwork Designer
- Includes labs that support SDM SimulationSDM Simulation
- Includes non-Cisco devices, such as TFTP Server, TACACS+ and Packet Generator
- Enables users to access specific labs by conducting keyword and curriculum searches
What's New in Boson Netsim 10:
- Added 24 new CCNP labs (more coming soon)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA), and redistribution using Route Maps
- Added support for StackWise
- Added support for Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) authentication
- Added two new devices: 3750 switch and 3750 stack
- Added support for non-English keyboard mapping
- Added support for EIGRP Named mode configuration
- Added support for Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN)
- Added support for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) bindings
- Added support for Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
- Added support for Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) MD5 and plain-text authentication
- Improved support for IPSec and Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
- Added support for the [no] ip next-hop-self command
- Added support for IPv6 on subinterfaces
- Improved support for Routing Information Protocol next generation (RIPng)
Home Page - http://www.boson.com/