This is personally the software i use, the best IMO
Submerge is the easiest way to add hardcoded subtitles to your movies and tv-shows.
With Submerge you can easily add hardcoded subtitles to your movies and tv-shows. The subtitled movie will play on almost anything, like your computer, smartphone, portable device or game console. Submerge supports many text-based subtitle formats as input and you can export the subtitled movie for the most common devices in just one click. Submerge also has a built-in subtitle search and download tool that makes finding the right subtitles really easy. It also has a fullscreen player built-in, so you can watch the subtitled movie directly within Submerge.
- Create subtitled movies that are playable on your computer, smartphone, portable device or game console.
- Add subtitles to almost any visual format like mov, avi, mkv, mp4 etc.
- Supports the major subtitle file formats like SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) and MicroDVD.
- Find subtitle files easily using the built-in subtitle search tool.
- Exporter presets for iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, Cellphone, PSP, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
- Force aspect ratio to 16:9, 4:3 or 3:2 to use your monitor space more efficiently.
- Watch subtitled movies in fullscreen without leaving the application.
- Merge multiple movies together using simple copy and paste.
- Localized in English, Italian, French, Finnish, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese/Brazilian, Dutch, German, Slovak, Russian, Polish, Traditional Chinese and Swedish.
- FFMPEG encoding for super-fast exports.
- Now defaults to FFMPEG encoding. Change in Preferences… if you still want QuickTime.
- PS3 1080p preset.
- Removed the Save to .mov functionality since it didn’t actually hard-code the subtitles.
- [BUGFIX] Average fps information for completed exports now more accurate.
Release name: Submerge.v2.1.MacOSX-P2P