AUDIO IMPERIA's “Klavier" is the first instrument in our new “Private Stock Instruments” series. Originally intended as a private sample library for a group of trailer composers, the two instruments in this series combine the very best of the worlds of raw/organic recordings and post-production/sound design. The goal throughout the whole project was to start with the user experience and the raw sound and to work our way backwards to a final product that is both versatile and instantly inspiring.
The Gravitas Piano was designed specifically for trailer music. A piano that can cut through in a big and epic mix, yet still retain a lot of warmth and depth. To achieve this, we used a set of six stereo microphones and then combined these with their corresponding sound-designed (“Synthetic”) counterparts in post production.
Organic Piano: Yamaha Baby Grand Piano
- 2x Brauner Phantom Classic Front End Audio Microphones (above the piano)
- 2x DPA 4011A Cardioid Microphones (below the piano)
- 2x Neumann KM184 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphones (above the keys, one on each side of the player)
- 2x Neumann U87 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphones (inside the lid)
- 2x Coles 4038 Ribbon Microphones (inside the lid)
- 2x Earthworks QTC40 Small-diaphragm Omnidirectional Condenser Microphones (room)
The Gravitas Piano comes with 35 “Synthetic” presets, made by some of the best producers in the trailer industry. These “Synthetic” presets can be accessed via the preset control on the “Synthetic” side of the piano. The “Organic” piano offers both Sustained and Staccato articulations. All of the “Synthetic” presets were made using the original samples from the “Organic” piano. No synthesizers or other instruments were used, just pure sound manipulation and sound design.
- High definition audio quality
- 12.08 GB installed
- 6 Stereo Mic Positions (Organic Piano)
- 35 Sound Design Presets
- Custom Kontakt Engine with three independent FX pages
- Individual Patches for each of the presets
- Watermarked Product
- Convenient and reliable download via Continuata Connect
Klavier requires the full version of Kontakt 5.5.145 or higher (the patches will not run in the free Kontakt Player)
Please also be aware that when using multiple mic positions on both the organic and the synthetic/guitar side, the libraries can be RAM/CPU intensive. For both PC & MAC systems, we highly recommend at least 4GB of RAM and a quad-core CPU for optimal playback of the samples.