There are times when you need the crisp attack of a steel string acoustic guitar, but the distinctive sound of nylon strings is often the perfect choice for a mellower acoustic guitar tone. Evolution Modern Nylon's rich, full tone excels at classical guitar as well as pop/rock guitar tracks. By moving the pick position closer to the bridge and employing the guitar body percussion hits included, you can also achieve convincing flamenco guitar parts, too.
We developed this library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporates analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the nylon guitar.
For the sampling session, Guy Randle brought in the versatile and accomplished guitarist Michael Dowdle. Michael Dowdle has an impressive musical history. His session guitar work includes recording for artists such as Marie Osmond, The Osmond Brothers, John Schneider, David Archuleta, and The Jets as well performing on numerous movie and TV scores. He has also played on stage with artists like Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, The Coasters, Sam Cardon, and countless others. Michael's extensive and diverse work has earned him the reputation of being able to play a wide variety of styles with complete authenticity, from elegant classical guitar work to gritty blues riffs. This versatility was invaluable, resulting in guitar samples that suit many styles of nylon guitar playing.
- Over 5 GB of samples (compressed to 2.1 GB using the lossless NCW audio format).
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, harmonics, plus special effects such as body hits, string slaps, and others.
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.