Lynda - Illustrator CC Essential Training (Updated Jun 18, 2014) | 1.48GB
Duration: 7h 58m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15fps | Audio: AAC 44.1KHz 1chGenre: eLearning | Level: Beginner | Language: English
You can accomplish a wide variety of design tasks with Adobe Illustrator. This course focuses on core concepts and techniques you can apply to workflows for print, the web, and many other destinations.
First, author Justin Seeley explains the basic elements that make up vector graphics—paths, strokes, and fills—and shows how to use each of the program's powerful drawing tools. Then he shows how to create documents and liven up a project with color, plus build complex shapes from simple paths and trace bitmap images and line art. The course also explores the benefits of using layers and symbols, and shows how to edit text, draw in perspective, and much more. The final chapter explains how to output your work in several formats and use Illustrator files in Photoshop and InDesign.
* Creating documents for different contexts
* Organizing artwork with rulers, guides, and grids
* Making detailed selections
* Resizing, rotating, and transforming objects
* Creating swatches and color libraries
* Working with fills and strokes
* Using the Shape Builder and Image Trace features
* Drawing and editing paths
* Understanding the difference between point and area type
* Adjusting the appearance of artwork with live effects
* Printing, saving, and exporting artwork