Lynda - Managing Your Mobile Photos | 1.41GB
Duration: 1h 39m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15fps | Audio: AAC 44.1KHz 1chGenre: eLearning | Level: Appropriate for all | Language: English
Thanks to smartphones and tablets, it's incredibly easy to capture the moments in our lives. Unfortunately, it's also incredibly easy to lose those moments due to a lost or broken phone. So how do you protect your images, videos, and music from being lost? With a smart backup strategy. Learn how to back up and store your mobile photos and videos easily and automatically. In this course, photographer Derrick Story discusses several different backup methods for both Android and iOS devices, highlighting the benefits and risks of each approach.
Learn how easy it is to store photos in the cloud with services such as Dropbox and iCloud and set up personal cloud storage with Pogoplug and Transporter. Next, check out storage options with online services like Flickr, Shutterfly, and Instagram, and explore how to back up photos manually with Lightroom, iPhoto, and Aperture. Finally, Derrick shows how to develop a flexible storage workflow that works best for you.
* Weighing backup approaches
* Determining the role of your mobile camera for your overall photography
* Backing up videos
* Should you back up music?
* Exploring the benefits of flash storage
* Evaluating the advantages and risks of using cloud storage
* Using Lightroom Mobile on the iPad
* Automating backups with Dropbox
* Creating a complete backup with iCloud and iPhoto
* Separating your movies and photos