Manic Wave Design - Guitar Soloing Techniques
DVD5 | NTSC 4:3 (720x480) VBR | MPEG2 ~9442 kbps | English: MPA, 384 kb/s (2 ch) | 00:17:56 | + PDF Booklet | 1.19 GB
Genre: Guitar lessons
Lessons solo guitar for beginners and advanced, from maestro Al Palubeckis.In this course, on DVD, dealt with solo variations in different styles - Blues, Funk, Fusion, Hard Rock / Heavy Metal, Punk, Rockabilly. Also discusses the interesting phrasing and proprietary techniques in the style of famous artists such as - BB King, Eric Clapton, Robert Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Mike Stern, Jeff Beck, Scott Henderson, Robben Ford, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Green Day, Sublime, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Danny Gatton.
- Blues solo #1 - a beginner solo in the style of B.B. King and Eric Clapton, with an intro reminiscent of a technique used by Robert Johnson.
- Blues solo #2 - an intermediate solo, in the style of Stevie Ray Vaughn.
- Funk solo - an intermediate/difficult solo, with a jazz/blues feel. Incorporates a SRV/EC sound with some Mike Stern influenced jazz passages.
- Funk/Blues solo - an intermediate/difficult solo which consists of two short solos, the first one possessing a modern blues sound, while the second has a fusion feel, a cross between a Jeff Beck and a Scott Henderson sound.
- Fusion solo - an intermediate solo, designed to show the chord/scale relationship that a jazz/fusion soloist must understand in order to "cut changes", or to accent chord tones within their lines. This solo has elements of Robben Ford and Scott Henderson.
- Hard Rock/Heavy Metal solo - a difficult solo with introduces the "tapping" technique used by players such as Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani. A "legato" technique ("hammer-ons" and "pull-offs") is also used, as well as tapped harmonics.
- Punk solo - a difficult solo played over punk/ska rhythms made popular by bands like Green Day, Sublime, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Begins with a jazz/blues feel, and ends with a full-blown Steve Vai inspired climax. A sweep picking technique is introduced, as well as some fast 16th note runs played with an alternate picking pattern.
- Rockabilly solo - a difficult solo which invokes the spirit of the late great Danny Gatton, a master of many styles such as blues, jazz, country, and of course, rockabilly.
Included within the DVD are videos which show the solos played in full, as well as separate videos which focus on the more difficult passages within each solo. The DVD also has a "playalong" feature, a rhythm track minus the solo for the guitarist to play over.