Cinesamples is proud to present our new pianos library for Kontakt (Player), Abbey Road Classic Upright Pianos. Recorded at the world famous Abbey Road Studio Two in London, and mixed by our very own Tim Starnes, the Abbey Road Pianos library brings two of the record industry’s most iconic upright pianos — and the legendary studio where they reside — right to your fingertips.
Abbey Road Classic Upright Pianos features three mixes, which can co-exist in any ratio at any time without any phasing problems.
Challen Studio Piano
This piano (model number 861834) was built in the 1930s by Piano Works, London. The Challen has a very mellow sound compared to Mrs. Mills, more attuned to a typical house-hold upright piano.
The “Mrs. Mills” Piano (1905 Steinway Vertegrand)
Purchased by EMI in 1953 for £404, the ‘vertegrand’ was modified in the late 1950s at the order of Abbey Road pop engineer Stuart Eltham. Eltham requested the piano be kept slightly out of tune and had the felt on its hammers hardened with lacquer to create a distinctive, bright and percussive sound.
- Kontakt Player 5.3.1 or higher
- Kontakt Player 5.3.1 supports: Stand-alone, VST®, Audio Units, RTAS® (PT 9 + 10), AAX® (Pro Tools 11 and higher), ASIO, Core Audio®, WASAPI
- 32-bit and 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions on both Mac & PC
- Abbey Road Classic Upright Pianos is compatible with all major DAWs and with other music notation software
- PC: Windows 7®/8® (32-bit/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM
- Mac: OS X 10.7 or higher, 4GB RAM
- 17 GB of free hard drive space required
- 7200rpm drive recommended (SSD not required)