Luxology发布了他们的最新产品Modo v701。作为一个独立软件，Modo v701集3D建模、绘制贴图和渲染于一身，可应用在PC和Mac平台上。通过使用内置的CPU加速，Modo v701还可以执行雕刻、动画和渲染。Peebler说，“尤其是渲染性能的提升，对光线追踪加速结构进行了大规模的更新。英特尔已经协助我们进行了CPU加速。使用加速的SIMD指令可以达到和在GPU上相同的并行处理速度。”
Leading computer graphics and visual effects software developer, Luxology has launched MODO 701.Over the last year, the development team has listened to a huge amount of customer feedback and subsequently made significant enhancements to core functionality in the modelling, sculpting, animation, effects and rendering workflows.
MODO 701 highlights
- Procedural particle engine with an easy to use pre-set workflow
- Audio playback and a sound channel modifier, bringing animations to life
- Schematic improvements, reducing scene graph complexity
- Dedicated dynamics simulation layer, significantly improving performance
- Simplified complexity of materials and layered shaders
- Large scene performance improvements by as much as 175x
- Preview render synchronisation improvements, over 50x faster in large scenes
- New Python interpreter, making python execution many times faster
- Unlimited network rendering
More info: this
About Luxology / The Foundry
Based in Mountain View, Calif., Luxology® is a technology company developing next generation 3D content creation software that enhances productivity via artist-friendly tools powered by a modern underlying architecture called Nexus®.
Founded in 2001, by Allen Hastings, Stuart Ferguson and Brad Peebler, Luxology is home to some of the top 3D engineering expertise in the computer graphics industry.
Luxology’s MODO is at the centre of an active global user community producing models, images and animations of the highest quality. Luxology’s rendering technology is under licence to Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation and Bentley Systems, Incorporated.
In September 2012, The Foundry merged with Luxology. Together they develop award-winning computer graphics and visual effects (VFX) software used globally by leading artists and designers. The portfolio lets users create inspiring and technical high-end visuals across a wide range of industries including film, TV, commercial and games, as well as the CAD, design and architecture markets.
The Foundry has a stable of award-winning 2D and 3D VFX software including its industry standard compositor NUKE.