3D Modeling – A Modo Modeling Guide
3D art is getting a more prominent role in multimedia. It is used intensively in movies, video games, commercials, education and architecture. It is a multi billion market. With your talent you just might get through! Use this course as a step towards a 3D carrier. Learn the basics of Modo, a professional 3d content creation application and start to beat the competition.
You will just need a trial version of Modo, download Gimp and Unity for free and you need a PC or Mac to get started. Within several hours you will learn enough to make your own nice looking 3d models and export them to Unity. You will learn to navigate in the software, use all common tools and bring everything in action during your assignments.
This course has been made using Modo 902, 10.0v1 and 10.1.
What are the requirements?
* you need to download a trial version of modo
* you need to download Gimp and Unity
What am I going to get from this course?
* know the tools for creating 3d models in modo
* know how snapping, falloffs, workplanes and action centers work
* know the basic shortcuts for fast modeling
* know how to navigate in modo and use layouts
* create your own 3d artwork
* export your artwork to Unity
* create PBR materials in Modo
* modify your textures in Gimp to use them in Unity
* know how to UVmap
What is the target audience?
* if you are new to modo or a starter
* if you quickly want to learn modeling in modo
* if you need a video reference for the tools
* if you want to use Modo for game modeling