Description: Welcome to the Pacific Admiral! You’ve been assigned to a special fleet task force code named Battle Fleet 2. Your mission is to select from a full complement of ships; Frigates, destroyers, cruisers, battleships, and carriers. Then select their armaments, their captain, then bombard and destroy a hidden naval battery set up by the enemy on a small island chain too close to our refuel depot for the top brass’ comfort. You’ll have complete control of this mission, all the way down to what angle and how much power should be put into each shot. The task is simple, sir, use a carrier’s aircraft to run recon, find the naval battery, and destroy it by any means necessary. Expect to be ambushed by the naval garrison, probably hiding from direct line of sight, so don’t do anything reckless. This is your first task in a long line of difficult objectives to overcome. Battle Fleet 2 is at your command, Admiral!
Battle Fleet 2 is the radically improved sequel to the original and has kept the “Worms” / “Scorched Earth” style angle+power mechanic, but now features full 3D modeling of terrain, ships, and ship hit locations. Hit the the engines and cripple cripple the enemy’s maneuverability, or aim for the command center and disable the ship for an entire turn. Ships are more realistic in which weapon compliments they can carry, and aiming/firing, as well as moving, is more intuitive. Battle Fleet 2 also now features Fog of War, allowing for stealth tactics and surprise attacks to be a viable strategy as well as adding the importance of using ships and aircraft for recon as well as attacks. With a full featured campaign and a variety of single play scenarios, Battle Fleet 2 will keep even the saltiest of sea-dogs satisfied.
* Build your fleet from 5 different ship classes each with different hardpoint locations for mounting different weapons, different mobility, and different hit locations.
* Use small caliber guns to pinpoint your shot and switch to devastating salvo mode, forcing all available guns in range and firing arc to fire at the same location.
* Equip your ships with a wide variety of weapons including AA guns, torpedoes, and a plethora of different caliber naval artillery.
* Utilize or neutralize a variety of aircraft, including recon planes, fighters, and bombers, launched from island bases, aircraft carriers, or cruisers.
* Assign captains to each ship with special skills and abilities, like additional command cards or better mobility.
* Play the strategic USA Campaign mode, random skirmish mode, full cross platform multiplayer, or even hotseat multiplayer.
* Use recon to clear Fog of War and defeat enemy ground based airfields and coastal artillery.
* Deploy Strategic Command Cards to surprise your enemies with special actions like deploying mines, sabotage, enhanced aiming, airstrikes and more!
* Battle Fleet 2 features full 3D models of US and Japanese WW2 era ships