Udemy – Building a Rich Internet Application with Vaadin
WEBRip | MP4/AVC, ~358 kb/s | 1280 x 720 | English: AAC, 48.0 kb/s (2 ch), 48.0 KHz | 458 MB
Genre: Development / Web Development | Language: English | +Project Files
Vaadin is a Java framework designed to build modern web applications that look great, perform well, and make you and your users happy. The programming model in Vaadin is similar to those you might have worked with before, with a focus on your productivity. Thanks to Vaadin, the process of creating a fully-featured application from scratch is simple.
his tutorial develops a powerful application from scratch by adding features in small increments, with a rapid feedback cycle, until a complete piece of working software is written. You will get started with a simple “hello world” application generated by a Vaadin plugin to Eclipse. When you know your requirements, you will go on to organise the contents of your software with views and connect navigation to them. The next step is connecting data from a SQL database, followed by improving the look-and-feel of the application. You then learn how to store user information in session data and improve responsiveness by using background threads. Lastly, you will take a look at extending the framework with your own components and add-ons from the commercial Vaadin offering.
All in all, the journey from "hello world" to working software should give you a glimpse of how easy it is to develop an outstanding web application with Vaadin.
What are the requirements?
- The video follows the process of developing an application by explaining what needs to be done and why, and doing it to see the results.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 38 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Get to grips with using navigation to organize an application into manageable units: views
- Understand how to decouple UI from the business logic of an application using services
- Study the extension of existing Vaadin components and how to write new ones
- Grasp how to connect a SQL database to a Vaadin application
- Discover how to validate user input with Validators
- Determine how to store session data between browser requests
- Build responsive web applications using background threads
What is the target audience?
- This course is aimed at Java developers who wish to start developing web applications with Vaadin, even if they have no previous knowledge of the Vaadin framework.