Udemy – Laravel Homestead on Windows 10
WEBRip | MP4/AVC, ~488 kb/s | 1280 x 720 | English: AAC, 52.1 kb/s (2 ch), 48.0 KHz | 1.11 GB
Genre: IT & Software | Language: English | +Project Files
By the end of the course we'll meet the stated objective of having a completely integrated and fully functional, Laravel Homestead Virtual Machine based, Laravel development ecosystem for Maximum Coding Productivity, without polluting the Windows operating system with unwanted software.
Only the most recent releases of each of the applicable software is used –
- Windows 10
- Virtualbox 5.0
- Vagrant 1.7.4
- Homestead 0.2.7
- Git 2.4.6
- PHPStorm 9.0
- PHP 5.6
- Latest versions of Composer, Node, NPM, Bower, Gulp and Laravel Elixir.
By the time we are done you will not only have a KILLER development environment that is fully integrated and works seamlessly, you'll also understand exactly how each of the components contributes to assist you in an advanced development workflow so that you can get cracking and focus on your development project!
What are the requirements?
- Students are required to have a basic proficiency with the Windows Operating System, a computer with Internet access in order to download the software used in the course and a willingness to experiment and learn.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 29 lectures and 4 hours of content!
- Understand exactly how the Laravel development ecosystem operates, how to Problem Solve and use a Fully Integrated Development Environment for Maximum Coding Productivity – all WITHOUT polluting the Windows host operating system.
- The knowledge to install a full-blown Windows 10 Operating System on an external USB drive.
- Be able to correctly install the latest versions of VirtualBox, Vagrant, and Homestead – the official Laravel VM configuration designed to get you coding quickly.
- The essential knowledge required to get the Git source control system running in Laravel.
- Learn to use Composer, Bower, Gulp and Laravel Elixir WITHOUT having to pollute your Windows installation – run everything from within the VM, even the core Laravel 5.1 installation itself!
- Learn how to overcome Vagrant startup issues and be shown how to solve the “NPM installation of Elixir in Homestead on Windows” problem.
- The knowledge of how to install and configure a new Laravel 5.1 project from scratch.
- Step-by-step instructions to configure XDebug to work seamlessly with PHPStorm 9.0 for advanced in-IDE debugging capabilities.
- and much, much more… All with clear explanations and links to online documentation where relevant. You’ll even pick up a few Linux skills along the way!
What is the target audience?
- Designed for Laravel developers or anyone interested in Laravel development, regardless of experience level, who wishes to learn how to install, configure and use the latest Laravel technologies in an integrated environment that promotes maximum productivity through workflow automation.