Udemy – Advanced WordPress Development- Take Control of The Back End (2015)
WEBRip | MP4/AVC, ~512 kb/s | 1280 x 720 | English: AAC, 48.0 kb/s (2 ch), 44.1 KHz | 683 MB
Genre: Development / Web Development | Language: English | +Project Files
For WordPress Theme Developers
Have you ever developed a theme and wanted it to do more? Through this course, I teach how to add powerful WordPress programming tools to your themes by modifying only a few files.
For WordPress Plugin Developers
After getting frustrated, because maybe a plugin does not fit your needs, why not take your WordPress programming skills to the next level and really learn how to customize them to your needs?
For PHP Developers
Programming in WordPress is a snap when you already know PHP. This course shows how to take that PHP experience and parlay into WordPress API development.
Some Videos Come With Complete Plugins
Besides just teaching the advanced concepts, some videos come with complete plugins that can downloaded and used immediately after some customization as explained in each videoIn this course, I teach the advanced concepts from:
- Adding fields to the user profile page
- Over 12 popular hooks
- Changing post and page content on the fly
- Displaying messages on the administrative back end to writers, contributors and other users
- User management
- Writing your own dashboard and sidebar widgets
- Hiding certain admin links and dashboard widgets from other users
- Security hacks such as redirecting unauthorized users away from the wp-admin login form.
When students finish this course, they will have a powerful WordPress programming skill that most developers do not have and trust me, this looks amazing to other programmers and on your resume.
What are the requirements?
- Basic WordPress theme or plugin programming
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 31 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Create a powerful WordPress website by utilizing popular WordPress APIs
- Restrict the WordPress back end menu item from any group of users
- Modify content from posts and pages on the fly
- Add links and new menus to the WordPress admin bar
- Hide certain dashboard widgets from any user
- Add new fields to user profile pages and save them automatically when the user submits their information.
- Learn how to leverage over 12 powerful WordPress hooks through your theme and plugins and how to leverage them to manipulate WordPress without editing the core
- How to add, update and delete WordPress meta data without one line of MySQL
- Create new thumbnail sizes and access them from the WordPress media manager and your themes
- Display messages to other administrators, writers, editors and contributors in the WordPress back
- Secure your WordPress back end by redirecting unauthorized users back to the home page preventing even hackers can break in with brute force attacks
- Creating your own WordPress dashboard widgets from scratch
- Store persistent data in the WordPress database through transients using the Transients API
What is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in becoming a more powerful WordPress developer
- Any WordPress admin with a minimal knowledge of PHP
- Programmers wanting to expand their plugin programming expertise