Flexera Software InstallShield 2015 Premier Edition 22.x | 236 MB
InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installer development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer (MSI) installations for PCs, servers, Web and virtual applications. InstallShield is the only software installer that can directly convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
New opportunities and fast-paced change continue to pervade the technology marketplace. To keep up, application producers need to adapt quickly, get to market faster, and deliver a seamless, contemporary customer experience. The global de facto standard on more than 500 million PCs and servers, InstallShield is a strategic software installation development solution designed for traditional and agile development teams and their Windows and virtualized installation requirements. InstallShield includes automated tools to productize, install, and bundle software in application virtualization and traditional EXE and MSI formats.
Software customers are also adapting to the new technology landscape. To support this transition, InstallShield continues to invest in providing software developers with support for the latest desktop computing technologies, and unique solutions that simplify the deployment of web/server applications to cloud, virtual, and traditional environments.
Simplify virtual and cloud-based deployments
- Use multi-tier installation templates to deploy Web/server applications as a single cloud-ready package
- Deploy to hybrid cloud databases with Microsoft Azure SQL Database support
- Support enterprise application virtualization adoption by validating compatibility and creating Microsoft App-V packages
Most popular solution for Microsoft Windows and Visual Studio support
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 8.x and Windows 10 – the fast, easy way to build Windows installers
- Create installations directly within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support enterprise customers with ISO 19770-2 software inventory tags, PowerShell scripting, and Sideloading of Windows Store Apps
Deliver a seamless customer user experience
- Create installers that match your company and product branding with InstallShield's Advanced UI editor
- Support continuous release processes by streaming the latest updates and patches at install time, ensuring users always install the latest version
- Localize installation text in 35 different languages
What's New in InstallShield 2015:
- Windows 10 – Confidently build installations that support the latest Windows releases, including Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. InstallShield can also build pure 64-bit MSIs to support Windows Server® Core configurations where WoW64 may be disabled.
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Integration – Integrate InstallShield 2015 with the latest Visual Studio releases, including Visual Studio 2015. When integrated with Visual Studio and MSBuild, InstallShield can add project output groups to your installation and integrate into your source control and solution build process.
- Support Latest Microsoft Certificate Requirements – Be prepared for Microsoft’s signature requirements for 2016 with InstallShield’s new support for SHA-256 certificates and digests.
- Automation Interface for Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI Projects – Support continuous integration practices and reduce manual editing by leveraging automation scripts to add files and features, change installation properties, and initiate builds for InstallShield MSI, InstallScript, Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI projects.
Windows 10 Support
Confidently deploy your applications to the latest Windows versions, including Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2. Build pure 64-bit installations for Windows Server® Core configurations where WoW64 may be disabled.
Windows Installer (MSI) Installations
Quickly and easily create Windows Installer (MSI) installations with advanced support for SQL databases, IIS web sites, XML editing and much more with InstallShield's intuitive graphical development environment.
Achieve maximum flexibility in your installations with InstallScript—a powerful and easy-to-use scripting language. Create script-based installations and Windows Installer Custom Actions.
Simplify Complex Installations with Suite/Advanced UI Projects
InstallShield’s Suite/Advanced UI projects support installing Microsoft Web Deploy files to simplify the deployment of web applications. Suite/Advanced UI installations can bundle MSIs, EXEs, Microsoft Web Deploy files and more. They can be bundled with dependencies, server configuration tasks, database scripts, and all the required components of a complex multi-server application.
Convert MSIs to Microsoft® App-V™ 5.1
Provide flexible installation options for your enterprise customers by creating both Microsoft App-V 5.1 packages and Windows Installer MSI installations from the same build process. Improve your team’s ability to quickly test and troubleshoot customer issues by providing them with instant streaming access to virtualized instances of multiple product versions. *Requires Microsoft App-V.
Application Virtualization Suitability Testing
Validate that your product is compatible with the leading application virtualization formats including Microsoft App-V, VMware®, ThinApp™ and Citrix XenApp™.
Support the Latest Microsoft Certificate Requirements
Be prepared for 2016’s new signature requirements with support for SHA-256 certificates and digests.
InstallShield’s development tools are available in both English and Japanese language editions. Localize installations using InstallShield’s default run-time strings in 35 languages, and add your own strings for other languages. Add conditions to deliver different files, registry entries and other resources for each supported language.
Install Web Applications to Microsoft® Azure™ and Microsoft IIS using Microsoft Web Deploy
With the new support for Microsoft Web Deploy, Suite/Advanced UI installations give your customers the flexibility to deploy web applications to their choice of infrastructure—local machines, remote servers in the data center or to Microsoft Azure in the cloud.
Support continuous integration practices and reduce manual editing by leveraging automation scripts to add files and features, change installation properties and settings, and initiate project builds for InstallShield MSI, InstallScript, Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI projects.
Provision Virtual Machines from the InstallShield IDE for Testing Installations
Reduce testing time and eliminate manual steps by automatically provisioning virtual machines; choose test image snapshots, power on virtual machines, and stage setups directly from the InstallShield IDE. Supports VMware® vSphere, VMware Workstation, and Microsoft Hyper-V®.
Microsoft Team Foundation Server Integration
Compile, build and manage InstallShield projects on TFS build servers. Use Team Explorer to configure, schedule, and queue builds for InstallShield projects together with Visual Studio solution builds.
Microsoft® Visual Studio® Integration
Integrate InstallShield 2015 with the latest Visual Studio releases, including Visual Studio 2015. When integrated with Visual Studio and MSBuild, InstallShield can add project output groups to your installation and integrate into your source control and solution build processes.
InstallShield Standalone Build
Support continuous integration practices by building InstallShield projects on a separate clean build system.
Integrate installation development into agile development processes by creating a distributed collaborative team. Enable developers, technical writers and other contributors to create and manage their own sections of the installation.