Lifeboats Series: Fab Mixing Will Knox in Cubase
AAC | 288 Kbps | 44.1 KHz | 2 channels | 01:52:00 | 1.59 GB
The Lifeboats series is going to be a unique chance to see how the pureMix mentors each approach the same song with their own unique vision for the mix. See how Grammy winners Fab Dupont, Andrew Scheps and Mick Guzauski shape Will Knox's song with their own tastes and creativity. In this first installment of the Lifeboats series, Fab Dupont challenges himself to leave his familiar home of Pro Tools for a mixing adventure in Cubase 8 using only the built in plugins and Cubase channel strip.
In this 2 hour long mixing tutorial, you'll learn:
- How Fab's mixing workflow translates from one DAW to another
- How to set up your session and markers for easy navigation throughout the mixing session
- Mixing live drums recorded with tons of microphone options
- Creating a bass tone using the VST Amp Simulator that sounds better than the real amp.
- Finding the perfect balance of space and support around the vocal using reverb and delay
- Combining and EQing multiple mics on the guitar amp to craft a great tone that cuts through the mix
- Adding creative effects to synths to create a vibe that compliments the song
- Balancing all of the track together and automating problem areas.
- Fab walks you through his entire mixing process from the raw tracks all the way to the mix bus processing. Watch how a Grammy winning mix engineer works piece by piece and explains not only what he's doing but why he makes each decision along the way.