Hex Workshop Hex Editor Professional 188.8.131.5219 (x86/x64) | 24 MB
The Hex Workshop Hex Editor by BreakPoint Software is a complete set of hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows. Hex Workshop integrates advanced binary editing and data interpretation and visualization with the ease and flexibility of a modern word processor.
With the Hex Workshop, you can edit, cut, copy, paste, insert, fill and delete binary data. You can also work with data in its native structure and data types using our integrated structure viewer and smart bookmarks. Data editing is quick and easy with our extensive features that allow you to: jump to file or sector location, find or replace data, perform arithmetic, bitwise, and logical operations, binary compare files, generate checksums and digests, view character distributions and export data to RTF or HTML for publishing.
Hex Workshop includes a Sector Editor with disk imaging tools, a Base Converter for converting between hex, decimal and binary data types, a Hex Calculator supporting arithmetic and bitwise operations, an expression calculator supporting variables, conditionals, iteration and arithmetic and bitwise operations, and a data visualizer designed to help you visually identify patterns and interesting data from rendered images. Also included is our Data Inspector that allows you to quickly edit and view data in decimal, floating point or time and date representations.
Rich Feature Set
Hex Workshop features a broad and powerful set of features ranging from the ability to color map data sequences to the interpretation of data though our integrated structure viewer and smart bookmarks. Our many features include: binary data editing, importing and exporting blocks of data, searching for data by hex strings, text, Unicode, bitmasks, or decimal values, viewing character distributions, sector editing, embedded data operations, binary file comparison, and import/export capabilities.
Highly Customizable User Interface
Hex Workshop allows users to customize the look of the main editor window through highly specific color definitions for the data and backgrounds and also through the ability to define how and what data will be displayed. Users can adjust the grouping of hex data, the number of bytes display per line, offset lengths, offset bases, etc. Windows can also be docked or pinned to maximize your editing workspace.
Data Interpretation and Parsing
Four integrated tools are available to help parse and combine data within Hex Workshop.
- The Structure Viewer applies C-style structures to data within the editor and allows the user to visually view and edit that data.
- Smart Bookmarks allow users to add bookmarks to a file with functions, mathematical operations, and data types. Users can view and edit both the bookmark and the bookmark's value.
- Color maps allow users to apply color attributes to hex sequences or character ranges to help identify data within a file.
- The Data Visualizer allows users to apply color palettes to their data to help identify patterns.
Integrated Binary Comparison
Integrated resynchronizing binary comparisons allow users to compare binary files and review each difference. Starting offsets, lengths, and compare parameters, and color renderings are all user-definable.
What's new in version 6.8.0:
- An integrated text-based structure editor was added to help users easily create and maintain structure definitions. The structure editor includes syntax coloring, in-line error reporting, and automatic structure library re-loading on save.
- Color maps are now editable from within Hex Workshop using an integrated text editor supporting syntax coloring.
- The Expression Calculator now supports syntax coloring.
- Resolved crash when copying hex values over 4K to the clipboard.
- Improved default font sizing and layouts for high resolution displays.
- Table column widths are now persisted across application restart for the Structures, Find Results, Compare Results, Checksum Results, and Bookmarks windows.
Home Page - http://www.hexworkshop.com/