AxpertSoft PDF Encryption | 7.25 MB
Included: Single User, Business, Site License
PDF Encryption is a way to protect your private and confidential data from unauthorized access. Following two methods are used to encrypt pdf data: RC4 (ARC4 or ARCFOUR assumed RC4) and AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
RC4 is an older symmetric stream cipher algorithm used to encrypt PDF document however AES is latest block cipher, consider as a strong encryption algorithm for protecting pdf data. AxpertSoft pdf encryption software provides both types of encryption security to all selected pdf documents. Adobe Acrobat PDF encryption key length is not dependent on password length so you are free to choose your password even when pdf encryption key is 40 bit, 128 bit or 256 bit. Our advanced tool provides all the three encryption key length mentioned above. The password which we use to encrypt pdf document does not get directly applied to the pdf document however it calculates the encryption key to secure data based on selected user password, owner (master) password and chosen restrictions for pdf permissions. Let us describe what is user password and owner password. A user password is one which protects pdf documents against file opening, means if pdf recipient does not know the actual password for opening document, your data is secure until you provide the correct password. Owner password in another words called as pdf master password stands for pdf permission settings. This password helps you to restrict pdf document accessibility like you can disable printing pdf document, block copying of text & images in clipboard and disallow pdf modification by editing content.
Recommendations to encrypt pdf document strongly:
Security of pdf document is not dependent on selected encryption key length 40, 128 or 256-bit, it is based on your selected quality password, so be fair to choose strong password.
- We suggest not using any name or dictionary word because it can easily be recovered by anyone.
- Choose password characters more than 6.
- Password must be alpha-numeric.
- Avoid choosing 40-bit encryption key as it can easily be detected by brute-force method.
- If not necessary, don’t use RC4 algorithm to encrypt pdf.
We recommend choosing 128-bit long encryption key, AES advance encryption standard algorithm and more than 6 characters strong password for perfect pdf protection.
Key features of pdf encryption security software:
1. Encrypt multiple pdf documents in a single go.
2. Both RC4 and AES encryption algorithm is available.
3. Encrypt pdf with any selected size of encryption key 40, 128 & 256-bit.
4. Restrict pdf Editing.
5. Disable pdf Printing.
6. Block text & graphics copying.
7. Protect pdf from signing, commenting, conversion & data extraction.
Home Page - http://www.axpertsoft.com/