In this library you will find a 5 string banjo which has the classic warm tone associated with pre-war banjos as well as an instrument with plenty of punch to cut through a mix. Even though this library is called a Bluegrass sample library, you will find it to be quite flexible across many different musical genres.
This library is extremely popular among Bolder Sounds users. We felt by adding new sampled articulations we could make it an even more effective library. The new samples include 4 new pluck positions along the string length of the banjo as well as Scruggs-Keith tuner mechanism samples. A complete list of new features in version 3 is outlined below in this manual. If you already own the Bluegrass Banjo library maybe you are wondering -"did I ever get version 2 of the Bluegrass Banjo?" Yes- you did. It was updated to version 2 very shortly after its initial release.
• Up to 5 x independent round-robin per key, for each of the 5 strings of the banjo. Each string was sampled chromatically up to the 17th fret. The first string was sampled beyond the 17th fret.
• All the strings are sampled on 5 different pluck positions of the banjo.
• The Pluck Positions can either be selected via Key Switches or via a very advanced Pluck Position velocity selection system.
• You can freely adjust at what velocity level the different positions will be selected and make any kind of position combinations. All the settings can be saved as Presets.
• The Bluegrass Banjo V3 also includes 379 Midi files to help you build realistic banjo arpeggios and chords.
• Banjo resonance via an Impulse Response made from the banjo head.
• Various articulations: Hammer-On and Pull-Off, Half step and Whole step Slide, Harmonic and Scruggs D-Tuner bends. All with 2 x independent round-robin per key.
• A very advanced and intelligent scripted Pitch Bend and Vibrato control.
• Detailed KSP scripted control of Fretting Position on the neck of the banjo, including an Auto Fret Selection feature.
• A Key Switch Page where you can freely assign which key will trigger the various Key Switches and save the settings as Presets.
• 8 different effects - each with its own Preset menus, so you can save and recall all the various parameters.