Using Spark in the Hadoop Ecosystem Training Video
2016-06-07 | SKU: 02361 | .MP4, AVC, 1000 kbps, 1280x720 | English, AAC, 128 kbps, 2 Ch | 11 hours | 3.08 GB
Instructor: Rich Morrow
You're new to Big Data, you've heard about Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop and you want to play. Big Data coach Rich Morrow gets you into the game via sixteen sprints (sixteen hands-on labs) across the Spark-Hadoop ball field. First, you'll create playing areas using Amazon Web Services EMR and Cloudera Quickstart VM. Then you'll install Hadoop, run basic HDFS commands, learn MapReduce, use Flume and Sqoop, run Spark and then run Spark again.
You'll play with Spark SQL, learn common MLLib usage, do analysis with Hive, ETL with Pig, and then jog through Hadoop/Cloud use cases, Hbase basics, and enterprise integration. When practice is over, you'll know Spark, it's associated modules, the Hadoop ecosystem, and the when, where, how, and why each technology is used. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons. Play on.
* Understand Apache Spark and why it's Big Data's fastest growing open source project
* Learn what Apache Hadoop is and how it's used in the world of Big Data
* Master the basics of Hadoop - HDFS, YARN and MapReduce
* Master the basics of Spark- Spark SQL, MLlib, Spark Streaming, Graphx and more
* Discover Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Pig, HBase, and Oozie - key components of Hadoop
* Gain direct experience with Spark and Hadoop with sixteen hands-on labs