Modern Nagios Training Video
2016-06-21 | SKU: 02369 | .MP4, AVC, 1000 kbps, 1280x720 | English, AAC, 128 kbps, 2 Ch | 2.5 hours | 706 MB
Instructor: David Josephsen
This course is for the junior-level engineer just getting started with Nagios or the engineer who inherited an existing Nagios infrastructure. You'll explore what Nagios is, how it works, its capabilities, its limitations, and why it remains the premier tool for monitoring servers, networks and apps.
Nagios expert David Josephsen employs a unique storytelling style to walk you through a full-fledged Nagios implementation, starting with 0 systems monitoring and ending with a fully-functional Nagios system operating in a contemporary fortune-500 style network. Along the way, you'll learn about centralized polling theory and execution; scaling; remote execution do's and don'ts; popular and essential Nagios add-ons; and most importantly, why monitoring matters.
* Learn about Nagios and why it remains the premier tool for monitoring servers, networks and apps
* Get wise to monitoring strategies and practices that don't work and the ones that do
* Explore how Nagios interacts with hosts and services (active polling, passive checks, etc.)
* Understand the secrets of successful Nagios installation and configuration
* Master Nagios remote execution and I/O strategies with NRPE, NCPA, Graphios and Librato
* Learn how to scale Nagios: scaling theory, wiring up NRDP to NCPA, and using Mod-Gearman
* Review three popular alternatives to Nagios: Icinga, OMD, and Sensu