Visual Micro Limited has released an updated (version 1707.14) Arduino 1707, is a plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio (with C++ installed) that creates Arduino compatible cross-platform programs.
Visual Micro Arduino for Visual Studio - Release Note:
Release 1707.0(14) - 14th July 2017 - Visual Studio 2012-2017 and Atmel Studio 7
- Reinstalled VS and re-built project to rectify Microsoft installer issues
- Fix: Prevent compile and upload when sketch reaches the max size specified for the board. This important test was ignored in the last few versions of visual micro which allowed programs to be uploaded when they should not have been. Sorry.
- Add option to automatically open the Serial monitor after upload. This feature has existed when debugging for a long time but now it is also available when uploading a Release version of a program to a micro-controller. Menu item :
"vMicro>Uploader>Auto Open Serial"
- Add more obvious setting that prevents boards from being Reset when debug starts. This mainly only affects boards that respond to the DTR serial property. The default is and has always been ON, switch OFF to jump into a running Arduino debug session when debug starts. Menu item "vMicro>Debugger>Reset or Delay When debug Starts"
- Minor change in resolving tool dependencies. Tools that exist directly below a package are given priority when resolving tools for each platform. An example being that esp8266 might be installed under the \Sparkfun package and also under the \EspCommunity package. In this case espcommunity will use espcommunity tool versions and sparkfun will use sparkfun tool versions. In previous releases one or the other was used for all esp boards regardless of package ownership. This might have causes the Esp community boards to fail to upload.
- Debug improvements for esp8266 UDP debugging. Visual Micro will no longer use delay(), will yield() and will poll for OTA updates more frequently when stopped in breakpoints.
- Free users must update this release by 30th June 2018.
- Refresh of free version for VS2010 and AS6.2 (but still compatible only with Arduino 1.6.9 and below)
About Visual Micro Arduino. Visual Micro is an so called extension for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012-2017 and for Atmel 7 Studio that allows any Arduino project to be developed, compiled, and then uploaded to any Arduino board, while taking benefit of the powerful features of Visual Studio and Atmel Studio. Visual Micro is fully compatible with the Arduino development environment and uses the same libraries, source code, and development tools. The difference lies in Visual Micro's user interface which provides an advanced and professional development environment, and allows for more advanced development than the existing Arduino IDE.
About Visual Micro Limited. Visual Micro Ltd. was founded on 01 Jun 2012 and has its registered office in Birmingham. The organisation's status is listed as "Active". It currently has one director. The company's first director was Timothy Leek. Visual Micro Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries.
Product: Visual Micro Arduino
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
Website Home Page : http://www.visualmicro.com
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP or newer
Software Prerequisites: Supports Arduino and all clones (ESP82xx, Intel etc.). Extension for Visual Studio 2012-2017 (requires C++). Fully compatible Arduino edit, build and deployment tool. All Arduino versions are supported.
Size: 4.8 mb