Description: Humanity has developed faster-than-light travel. Now, the galaxy awaits exploration and colonization … but it isn’t empty. Galactic Civilizations III is the third addition to the critically acclaimed, best-selling space strategy game series. Play in the ultimate sandbox, where each game will have a unique map, unique worlds and new challenges to face. Galactic Civilizations III includes a campaign that brings players up to date on the 20-year story arc behind the rise of humanity in the 23rd century. Win through military conquest, cultural domination, technological ascension or political alliance.
- Massive technology tree: Research a technology tree with immense breadth and depth. Player choices determine the capabilities of their civilization.
- Custom ship design: Players can design their own ships with total control over how they function as well as how they look. Any ship you’ve ever imagined can be created or downloaded.
- Massive scale: The new, 64-bit, multi-core engine increases the number of possible opponents from 16 to 128 with a similar change to maximum map sizes.
- Ideology: Player actions give points towards various ideologies. These ideologies give civilizations unique abilities, planetary improvements and bonuses.
- Multiplayer: For the first time, Galactic Civilizations is a multiplayer game with full support for custom civilizations, saved multiplayer games and much more.
- Unique technology trees: Players can play not just as the humans but as any civilization each with their own unique technology tree, ships, colony improvements and abilities.
- Civilization Creator: To encourage massive gameplay, the game includes a civilization creator that has options for creating new civilizations with their own look, ships, technologies and even options for how the AI will use them.
- New Battle System: Players can now design ships and assign them a specific role to play in a fleet. When fleet battles do occur, you can now view the battle in a cinematic style to see how your designs worked in practice.
Genre: Turn-Based Strategy
Publisher: Stardock Entertainment
Developer: Stardock Entertainment