Genre: Design / Web Design | Language: English | +Project Files
Feel Unable to Choose Which WordPress Theme is Right for Your Business?
- Already bitten by a poor theme?
- No idea what makes a good theme?
- No idea where to look for great themes?
- Confused by the WordPress Terminology?
Instead of making the same mistakes discover the key knowledge you need to make an informed decision. No Previous WordPress Knowledge Needed.
This course takes you step by step from working out your website requirements to locating candidate themes for your business. The candidate can then be narrowed down by taking each theme for a test drive.
Based on the instructors experience, the course explores the different marketplaces and major theme sellers. How to understand the different listing styles.
The course takes the time to ensure you aren't confused by WordPress terminology and know how to describe the features you are looking for.
Once you've found your short list you will be taken through a due diligence checklist to make sure your theme designer is giving good support and is going to be around to support you in the future.
The course is organised in a step by step manner, which can work through in order. Look over the instructors shoulder, using screencast recording, as he explains each part and then works through examples of the process.
Also provided are key documents to help you make the best decisions. Such as the test drive checklist for you to complete as you follow along.
The course should take about 2 hours to complete fully but you will be making progress towards finding the perfect theme for business within 30 minutes.
As a bonus the course shows you how to enhance any WordPress theme using some key WordPress plugins. Plus how to engage a developer to enhance the theme for you.
What are the requirements?
- No WordPress Knowledge Required
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 21 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Pick the Best WordPress Theme for Their Business
- Understanding WP Themes and Their Component Parts
- Why Free Themes Aren't Always the Answer
- Why Not All Paid Themes are Equal
- Find Different Locations to Buy Themes
- Understand Behind the Scenes of Several Top Themes
What is the target audience?
- This WordPress Course is Meant for Business Owners and Solopreneurs who are Trying to Decide on a WordPress Theme for Their Business
- It is Aimed at Non Experts of any Level who Need to Understand WordPress Themes in More Depth
Section 1: Introduction
Lecture 1 Introduction 05:16
Lecture 2 Why not Free Themes? 02:30
Section 2: Building Your Requirement List
Lecture 3 Building a Quick Requirements Document 02:43
Lecture 4 The Focus of the Site - with examples 03:38
Lecture 5 Key Pages - with examples 08:39
Lecture 6 Organising Your Pages 01:32
Lecture 7 Using Your Existing Resources 00:56
Section 3: Understanding the Design Parts of WordPress
Lecture 8 WordPress Anatomy 101 09:13
Section 4: Where to get Themes?
Lecture 9 Theme Libraries 02:35
Lecture 10 Themeforest 04:44
Lecture 11 Woothemes 03:23
Lecture 12 Elegant Themes 02:29
Lecture 13 Thrive Themes 02:31
Lecture 14 Genesis Themes - Studio Press 02:11
Section 5: Who are you buying from?
Lecture 15 Checking Out Theme Sellers - Due Dilligence 07:07
Section 6: Doing a Theme Drive
Lecture 16 Test Drive Checklist 03:46
Lecture 17 Example Test Drive 12:49
Section 7: Example Themes
Lecture 18 Real Theme Examples 00:26
Lecture 19 Divi Theme 12:04
Lecture 20 Avada Theme 07:10
Section 8: Going The Extra Mile
Lecture 21 Customising Further - Child Themes - What are they? 02:55