Oracle PL/SQL Programming: Fundamentals to Advanced LiveLessons
Sep 18, 2015 | ISBN: 0134291409 | .MP4, AVC, 1000 kbps, 1280x720 | English, AAC, 112 kbps, 2 Ch | 11+ hours | 3.81 GB
Instructor: Dan Hotka
Oracle PL/SQL Programming: Fundamentals to Advanced LiveLessons begins with a fundamentals module that covers the basics of Oracle's language extension for SQL and the Oracle relational database. The focus is to give students with a working knowledge of SQL the ability to develop Oracle procedures, functions, and packages using the PL/SQL language.
The advanced module teaches developers with PL/SQL experience the new and advanced features of the PL/SQL language along with performance tuning techniques.
In the fundamentals module, Oracle ACE Director Dan Hotka teaches developers how to work with existing code and create new programs. Along the way, students will learn both conditional and looping syntax and techniques, error handling and error processing, plus how to work with script files, procedures, functions and packages (a collection of procedures and functions).
In the advanced module, Dan demonstrations how to take advantage of better options for performance, gain knowledge about the newer features of the language, as well as actually work with these same features in hands-on lab exercises. The students will learn the latest features of PL/SQL collections, triggers, and a variety of compiler features such as conditional compilation, result_cache/deterministic features for functions, autonomous transactions, optimizing compiler features, and more. Dan covers additional exception processing useful for collections. The advanced lessons include useful extensions to the error processing part with a clever use of database triggers. This advanced module also covers a variety of PL/SQL performance tips and the tuning and debugging tools for the PL/SQL programming environment.
This LiveLessons course contains hands-on lab exercises throughout, and three common tools are used for demonstration, including SQL*Plus, Toad, and SQL*Developer. Students can use the Oracle PL/SQL development tool of their choice to do the hands-on labs with these lessons. All examples work with Oracle10, Oracle11, and Oracle12 databases, but the concepts and most of the tips apply to any Oracle database.
• Beginner for the fundamentals module
• Intermediate for the advanced module
Learn How To
• Use the PL/SQL programming language
• Understand both conditional and looping syntax and techniques
• Understand error handling and error processing
• Work with script files, procedures, functions and packages (a collection of procedures and functions)
• Use two useful tools: PL/SQL debugger and the PL/SQL profiler
• Understand additional PL/SQL performance tips
• Learn and review the newer and more advanced features of PL/SQL
• Utilize the advanced compiler features of PL/SQL
• Use the available database trigger code, complete with advanced topics and useful real-life examples
• Understand advanced error handling and error processing
• Work with collections, the gas pedal for row processing
• Use dynamic SQL and prevent SQL injection attacks
• Understand useful PL/SQL tools: PL/SQL Debugger and the PL/SQL profilers
• Understand PL/SQL performance tips, including PL/SQL table functions