Smasher v3.006 MacOSX | 44.1 MB
Smasher preserves the health of your applications by performing automatic maintenance on your Mac. It works unattended to eliminate corruption to font caches and temporary files, the #1 cause of font-related problems and workflow interruptions—so your fonts always image correctly.
Eliminate Rendering and Printing Problems Automatically
Smasher's set-it-and-forget-it functionality eliminates cache-related problems on an automatic, ongoing basis. Like a virus checker, it runs regularly to clean and maintain the integrity of your Macintosh and ensure that you start with pristine font, print and preference caches every time you use your Mac. In doing so, Smasher can eliminate common font problems including incorrect font menus, garbled text, faulty font substitutions, false font corruption warnings, and application instability and performance problems.
Smasher 3 Functionality
- Preview fonts in their native outlines and in user-specified text strings and font sizes
- An all-new font validation and verification engine that hunts down problem fonts
- Support for all the fonts supported by Mac OS X: OpenType, Mac TrueType, Windows TrueType and Mac Type1 Postscript fonts
- Font archiving that backs up a copy of fonts to a zip file or disk image
- Support for Adobe Creative Cloud, Creative Suite, QuarkXPress, Microsoft Office, CUPS spool files and Mac OS X system caches
- A one-step, drag-and-drop importer that finds all fonts in folders and legacy suitcases in seconds
- Automatic software and cache definition updates