Twisted Lemon SideKick5 v5.0 r163 (Win / Mac OS X) | 19.4 MB
In popular music side-chaining is often referred to and used as a 'pumping' effect. In most of these cases the side-chain has been setup to listen to the kick or percussion, and then 'ducks' the volume of synthesizers and bass instruments.
In other media like video, films and radio, side-chaining is often used to attenuate the sound of voice overs. The side-chain will be setup to detect the voice and then lowers the volume of other audio sources like music.
With a traditional de-esser the side-chain only listens to a frequency range within 6 to 9 khz of the same source. Which reduces high frequencies of speech that tend to overdrive the audio on media like FM radio. By using the notch filter on the side-chain SideKick5 can be used to select a spectral focus within a certain frequency range to achieve this effect.
• 16 stereo virtual buses to use as sidechain.
• Spectral ducking and keying with a notch and bandpass filter.
• Intuitive filter control with a XY pad.
• Visual feedback of the sidechain and output spectrum.
• Listen button for auditive feedback of the sidechain channel.
• Master drive control with saturation to boost and fatten your sound.
• Total Recall Automation, all parameters including the sidechain numbering will be saved in your projects.
• Factory and custom presets, save your favorite settings as preset within SideKick5.