Isis Imaging Icefields 6.6 | MacOSX | 30.2 Mb
Icefields enables photographers to produce stochastic screened images on an image by image basis. Icefields is not a typical RIP. It creates halftone documents for off-line and off-site reproduction. High-quality AM and FM halftoning and image preparation for halftones. Three amplitude-modulated multi-array halftones. Two frequency-modulated halftones.
Icefields is used by:
· Photographers use Icefields to produce imagesetter film for digital platinum and dye prints.
· Graphic designers place the Icefields TIFF on an page instead of the usual contone photograph, ensuring reproduction quality.
· Prepress operators use Icefields to solve moire and detail reproduction problems in that one troublesome photograph.
Benefits to commercial printers using Icefields includes:
· Reduces the amount of ink needed.
· Provides a larger gamut than traditional halftones.
· Eliminates moiré patterns.
· Displays greater detail.
Benefits to photographers include:
· No pattern worms or voids.
· No disturbing low frequency noise.
· No unwanted sharpening or lost highlights.
· Creates smoother gradients.
Icefields is used for:
· Eliminating reproduction problems such as subject moire and capturing out of gamut colors.
· Minimizing press reproduction problems such as miss-registration.
· Screening images for contact darkroom photography.
· Screening fifth colors and duotones made with Isis Locus.
Here are some key features of "Icefields":
· Open most image formats or a PDF page.
· Incredibly fast image halftone processing.
· Sharpening neutral smooth gradients, and no loss of detail.
· Softproofing of combined separations and individual channels.
· Compensation interface for dot-gain correction.
· Print each CMYK channel individually and as a positive or as a negative.
· Icefields allows you to save grayscale or CMYK formats.
Home Page - http://www.isisimaging.com/