The Yamaha DX100 is a miniature FM synth from the mid 80s. It's similar in sound to the famous DX7 but grittier and tougher, due to its overdrive-able DAC. In fact, it has a similar vibe to the SP-1200. It is the sound of early Detroit techno (specifically the Solid Bass patch), Roger Troutman's talkbox (the Hard Brass patch), countless 80s Lynch-esc soundtracks, hotel lounge vibes and so much more.
Because of the nature of FM synthesis, the DX100 is capable of many sounds that analog subtractive synthesis simply is not: hard bodied bass, dirty FM rhodes, fake brass, Seinfeld bass, metallic bells, clavinets, helicopters, bird chirping and more. So if you've been collecting all sorts of analog sounds the DX will really stand apart and cut through your mix in the best way possible. Plus you can add a strap, play it like a keytar, and look like a boss.
• 40 Multi-Sampled DX100 Instruments for Ableton, Kontakt, Logic & 24bit WAV
• Gritty 90s Techno Bass, Sine Bass, Marimba Bass, Synthe Bass & More
• FM rhodes, Clavinet, Harpischord, Pan Flute, Soft Horns, Jazzy Organ & More
• Bird Chirping, Bells, Helicopters, Snare & More
• Extensive multi-sampling of various FM synthesis parameters
• Hand trimmed and looped to perfection
• Clean and tube saturated recordings for the greatest depth between patches