RSoft Component Suite 2013.12 | 820.6 mb
Synopsys, Inc., a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, presents version 2013.12 of the Synopsys RSoft products, its industry-leading family of software tools for photonic and optical network design. This release delivers new modeling and analysis features as well as simulation speed improvements in the RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite. In addition, the release delivers enhancements in the RSoft MetroWAND(TM) network design tool to streamline network modeling, design and service planning.
Enhanced Modeling of Optical Surface ScatteringTwo products in the Photonic Component Design Suite, the DiffractMOD(TM) and FullWAVE(TM) simulation tools, can now generate a Bidirectional Scattering Distribution Function (BSDF) file that contains scattering information for periodic optical structures, such as subwavelength diffractive surface gratings. The BSDF can be applied to a finite optical beam that covers more than one period to determine reflection and transmission characteristics of a structure. This provides a flexible, highly accurate method for modeling an optical surface's scattering properties, and helps optical designers achieve stringent size, weight and cost targets more easily.
The RSoft BSDF files can be imported into Synopsys' LightTools illumination design software to facilitate the design of lighting systems with small-feature, diffractive optical structures such as nano-structured LEDs. The BSDF data can also be used in Synopsys' CODE V® optical design software, in its Beam Synthesis Propagation tool. This enables efficient analysis of micro-optical components used in applications that incorporate both illumination and imaging elements, like digital projector systems.
Simulation Speed and Performance EnhancementsThe RSoft BeamPROP(TM) tool has enhanced multi-threading capabilities that dramatically improve simulation speed and new Perfectly Matched Layer (PML) boundary conditions that provide improved performance for complex radiation patterns. FullWAVE has optimized continuous wave (CW) dispersive simulations for improved simulation speed, as well as a new dispersion fitting utility to create dispersive material models to use in simulations for multi-wavelength systems.
Expanded Multi-Physics UtilityThe RSoft Multi-Physics Utility accounts for the effects of electrodes, heaters, stress and carriers on the refractive index profile during photonic device simulation. The Carrier Effects feature in this utility has been expanded to include:
- The ability to use complex index perturbations
- Generation of the photonic device's frequency response
- The ability to import custom, user-defined doping profiles
- Many new analysis outputs, including carrier density, current vs. voltage (I-V), resistance vs. voltage (R-V), and capacitance vs. voltage (C-V) plots
ROADM Network DesignMetroWAND 2013.12 delivers a new design engine option that allows flexible modeling and simulation of ROADM networks. Key capabilities include:
- Design and optimization of capacity allocation, end-to-end fiber layer performance validation and automatic selection and placement of ROADM network elements from the equipment library of choice
- End-to-end grooming of traffic demands into wavelengths
- Automatic setting of optical attenuators to equalize power of all optical channels
- Placement of optimal dispersion compensation modules in ROADM nodes
- Addition of Wavelength Selective Switch (WSS) models to the equipment library
- Ability to display the internal architecture of a ROADM node
- Support for automatic- or manual-selection nodes to build ROADM modules
Compliance with Optical Transport Network StandardsMetroWAND has new features to support the latest ITU-T OTN design standards, including:
- Rate Definition Model to support ITU-T G.709 Optical Transport Units (OTU) and Optical Data Units (ODU)
- Flexibility to add custom client signals and mappings
- Vendor equipment library samples to support OTN signal rates
About Synopsys OSG
Synopsys' Optical Solutions Group is one of the world's leading developers of optical design and analysis tools, with CODE V imaging design software, LightTools illumination design software, LucidShape products for automotive lighting design, and RSoft products for photonic and optical network design. The group is also an independent supplier of optical systems design services, with more than 4,800 completed projects in imaging, illumination and optical systems engineering.
Name: Synopsys RSoft Component Suite
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Seven / 8
Size: 820.6 mb
Special Thanks softy-one