English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 3 hrs | 435 MB
eLearning, Development, Web Development | Skill level: All level
Create your own custom WordPress plugins with PHP and MySQL
25% of the Internet is powered by WordPress - Build plugins for millions of clients!
In this course we'll cover the art and science of WordPress Plugin Development from scratch. By developing 8 simple plugins we will cover everything you need to know to be able to create awesome plugins that will run in most of the web.
By following the video lessons and having a play with the numerous downloadable examples you will get quite comfortable with the following topics:
- Plugin basic structure and life cycle.
- How to use filters and actions to have our code executed at the right moment.
- Accessing posts through The Loop.
- Creating your own shortcodes to give your users superpowers and allow them to save time.
- How to add custom metadata to posts and users.
- Widget creation from scratch.
- Dashboard widgets.
- How to create our own admin pages with global settings.
- Task scheduling with Cron.
- Creating custom tables to extend WordPress beyond your dreams.
No previous WordPress experience is required to take this course. Although we do need you to be familiar and have basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL and web development in general.
If you've always wanted to create your own WordPress plugins or you need to learn how to do it quickly for work reasons, this is definitely the best way to go.
What are the requirements?
- To run the examples you will need to install WordPress in a local or remote server
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 33 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Create your own WordPress Plugins
- Get familiar and cozy with the most important concepts in WP Plugin development
What is the target audience?