Looking Ahead to Entity Framework 7
This course is designed to prepare developers for big changes and important new capabilities coming with Entity Framework 7. Entity Framework 7 will make a break from Entity Framework (EF) for the first time with a new core API for EF to be built from. Existing EF users will lose some existing capabilities if they choose to move to EF7, but gain features that cannot be achieved with the current version of EF. However, EF6 will continue to evolve and moving to EF7 is not imperative. Viewers will get a look at some of the new features that are currently being developed. This course will also prepare developers to understand what path will be best for them for existing and new development.
1. Achieving Microsoft's Goals for EF with EF7
2. Targeting EF7 Initial and Future Releases
3. Querying and Updating with EF7
4. Database Setup and Migrations
5. EF7 Futures
6. Interacting with EF7 Source and the Team