Fonts v1.0.1 Mac OS X | 1.7 MB
If you've got more fonts than you dare to admit, how do you find that one font whose name you just can't recall? You know, that one almost but not quite entirely unlike Garamond? Welcome to Fonts, a new app for previewing and organising your fonts from the people who brought you the award-winning Sketch and Fontcase.
- Search is hard if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. Your eyes need to do the work here, and Fonts's gorgeous previews make it a breeze to browse a large number of fonts visually.
- Even if you're looking for a specific glyph we've got you covered, with a fully featured glyph panel built in.
- Fonts's simple workflow helps you perfectly organise and group your fonts.
- We keep our collections in sync with the rest of system so you'll have access to them from any standard Mac app.
- In the old days, Macs struggled if we installed thousands of fonts.
- A workaround was to activate just a few at a time, and utilities such as Fontcase evolved to help with this.
- Nowadays the system can cope, and so in a rather radical move, we got rid of all that stuff, and concentrated on letting you find and group the fonts you want.
- What's left is cleaner, simpler and more focussed.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixes a crasher that could happen to some customers on Launch
- Fixes a bug where the app wouldn't quit when its window was closed
- Makes it easier to star fonts
- Fixes a bug that could prevent the window from closing on launch