MP4 | Video: AVC 1280x720 | Audio: AAC 44KHz 2ch | Duration: 4 Hours | Lec: 50 | 652 MB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
Learn to use and understand the main new features coming with Java 8. With lots of examples!
The Java engineering team has been busy for years to see the shortcomings in the earlier versions of Java. Every 2 to 3 years a new and improved version is released, each time mixing proven concepts from other programming languages and the strengths of Java itself.
Java 8 (codename Spider) was released in March 2014 with a vast number of language updates.
Get yourself up-to-date in this course with all the new and great features this version of Java has to offer:
* Lambas and function references
* Streams for functional programming
* Default methods for more flexibility when evolving APIs
* Using Optional to create awareness around null-values in your APIs
* The new Date/Time API to cope with all the past issues of handling time
The course is based on a lot of examples, to help you understand as easily as possible the issues that were addressed with Java 8.